Today, June 26th, 2020, the VMware Validated Design (VVD) team has announced the General Availability (GA) of VMware Validated Design for Software-Defined Data Center 6.0.1. It is now live and available on http://www.vmware.com/
VMware Validated Design
VMware Validated Designs (VVD) provides prescriptive guidance and tools to plan, build, and operate a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). The designs help customers deploy VMware SDDC components to achieve a wide variety of SDDC use cases with predictable results and according to best practices.
VVDs are extensively tested to ensure all components and their specific versions are validated:
- to work in unison,
- to scale to predetermined design objectives,
- and to operate as VMware customers expect.
The VVD for SDDC is a holistic approach to designing, operating, and upgrading the full SDDC stack.
What’s New in this release?
- Updated Bill of Materials that incorporates new product versions.
- Individual Planning and Preparation Workbook version for VMware Validated Design 6.0.1.
- Update guidance from VMware Validated Design 6.0 to VMware Validated Design 6.0.1.
- Operational Verification guidance for VMware Validated Design 6.0.0 that can also be applied to this VMware Validated Design.
The Operational Verification document helps you validate that the SDDC components are deployed according to VMware Validated Design and are operating as expected.
VVD 6.0.1 Bill of Materials
|VMware Cloud Foundation||4.0.1|
|vSAN||7.0 Patch 01|
|NSX – T Data Center||3.0.1|
|VMware Workspace ONE Access||3.3.2|
|vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager||8.1 Patch 1 with 8.1 Product support Pack 1|
|vRealize Operations Manager||8.1|
|vRealize Automation||8.1 Patch 1|
|vRealize Log Insight||8.1.1|
VMware VVD Links
VVD Product Page:
Download Landing Page:
Check-out our last posts: